The 4/11 on Social Media
Each week, the Legal Marketing Association pulls the most buzzworthy trends in marketing to inspire its members. Continue reading for the biggest industry stories from the week of January 19, including social media from a teenager's perspective.
1. A Teenager's View on Social Media
Wonder how the next generation uses social? A teenager is here to help. Read more on Backchannel.
2. The Secret Tool that Upworthy, Buzzfeed, and Everyone Else is Using to Win Facebook
When CrowdTangle’s founders started it in 2011, they saw it as a tool for changing the world. Now, it's mostly just changing Facebook. Read more on Fast Company.
3. Target Canada: A Lesson in Brand Marketing?
What can we learn from Target closing all Canadian stores? Apparently, a lot. Read more on DigiDay.
4. Wonderful Pizza Hut Ad Shows People Being Totally Disgusted by Its New Pizza
Pizza Hut demonstrates a brave niche approach in advertising in which they showcase just how much people despise their product. Bold indeed. Read more on AdWeek.
5. Does Wearable Tech Make Sense for Your Business Operations?
Wearable tech is currently waging a war for the hearts and minds of consumers (especially thanks to Microsoft's new Hololens). Should you be considering it from a marketing perspective? Read more from influencer Shane Barker.
Check back weekly for more industry trends from around the Web!