Leaders Learn From Them
Each week, the Legal Marketing Association pulls the most buzzworthy trends in marketing to help inspire its members. This week, learn how to become a better leader and advocate in the legal marketing industry, starting wih "Why You Should Take the Risk and Make the Mistake: Lessons in Leadership" from Heather Morse's blog, The Legal Watercooler.
1. Why You Should Take the Risk and Make the Mistake: Lessons in Leadership
I don’t know the point in time when making a mistake became taboo, but we live in a pretty messed up world when perfection is expected 100% of the time. I have been caught up in this at different times in my life, and my experience is that I retreat into caution, and not wanting to push boundaries. Making a mistake is part of learning. Making a mistake is part of pushing boundaries. Making a mistake is part of creativity. Read more from Heather Morse's blog, The Legal Watercooler.
2. 7 Scary Slip-ups Lawyers Need to Avoid
In honor of Halloween, here are 7 scary slip-ups that lawyers need to avoid. Just make sure you’re not committing them, or you could put your practice in the grave! Read more from the The Rainmaker Blog.
3. Taking Control Of Your Law Firm’s Online Marketing
The internet is a scary and dangerous place for lawyers, and too many lawyers have abdicated control of their firm’s online marketing. This leaves them vulnerable to all kinds of tricks and scams that not only fail to build law firms but can be counterproductive. Read more on LawLytics.
4. Law Firm of the Future: It’s About the People
The law firm of the future continues to be a hot topic of discussion, not just here on Zen, but among lawyers around the world. Both at our recent ILN European Regional Conference and the Association of International Law Firm Network’s (AILFN) Inaugural Summit, the questions of “what comes next?” and “how do we prepare for it?” were on the tips of everyone’s tongues. Read more on Lindsay Griffith's blog, Zen And The Art of Legal Networking.
5. Law Blogs Could Help Get Lawyers to Rural Areas of the CountryWe’re addressing a lot of challenges in this country with the innovative use of technology. Why not leverage law blogs to bring lawyers to rural areas of this country that have an aging population of lawyers, if any lawyers at all. Read more from Kevin O'Keefe's blog, Real Lawyers Have Blogs.
Check back weekly for more industry trends from around the Web!