The Latest in Law Firm Marketing
Each week, the Legal Marketing Association pulls the most buzzworthy trends in marketing to help inspire its members. This week we cover diversity and inclusion, starting with "Law Firm Associates Can Play an Important Role in Diversity Effort."
1. Law Firm Associates Can Play an Important Role in Diversity Effort
The National Association for Law Placement issues a recent report that showed lower than average percentages of women partners, minority partners, women minority partners, minority associate and women minority associates. Read more from The Legal Intelligencer.
2. Elite Law Firm’s All-White Partner Class Stirs Debate on Diversity
At this point, most of us have seen the new partner class of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in early December. The lack of diversity among the 12 new partners astonished many in the legal industry. Read more from The New York Times.
3. A Black Partner Responds to GCs on Law Firm Diversity
Hear from Don Prophete, partner at Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete about a recent report that shows a decrease in the number of black male lawyers in law firms. Read more from The American Lawyer.
4. 170 Top In-House Lawyers Warn They Will Direct Their Dollars to Law Firms Promoting Diversity
Following the Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison photo, 170 lawyers drafted a letter that explained their expectations when it comes to diversity of the legal community and the companies and customers they serve. Read more from ABA Journal.
5. "It's Not About Dumping White, Male Lawyers:" Signatory to Open Letter Explains Why This Diversity Push Is Different
There are many perspectives when it comes to diversity in the legal industry, including that of Michelle Fang, chief legal officer at Turo. Read more from The American Lawyer.
Check back weekly for more industry trends from around the web!