Communication is Key
Each week, the Legal Marketing Association pulls the most buzzworthy trends in marketing to help inspire its members. Learn how to become a business development leader by gaining listening and communication skills, starting with the first article, "5 Ways to Become a Business Development Pro," from Business of Law Blog.
1. 5 Ways to Become a Business Development Pro
The science points to critical influencers such as “Likability,” “Authority” and “Reciprocity” and the webinar leaders show the relationship progression steps where these factors have the greatest influence. Read more from Business of Law Blog.
2. Why Client Personas Can Help Law Firms Do Better Online Legal Marketing
Content on law firm websites shouldn’t just be high-quality, it should also be targeted. Attorneys may think they should write their content for a broad audience, or change the content they’ve already writing to appeal broadly. They may fear that by writing ultra-specific content, they’ll miss out on attracting more web visitors. Read more on LawLytics.
3. How to Win at Email Marketing by Segmenting Your Audience
Before you begin reading this piece, you will ideally want to have chosen what email software your firm will be using and you will have mastered sending different types of marketing emails. Read more from the Lawyerist.
4. Use Soft Skills to Become In-House Clients’ Favorite
Some of the most well-attended legal marketing panels feature in-house counsel sharing their likes and dislikes. If you’ve gone to more than one, you’ve probably already internalized these maxims... Read more on Attorney at Work.
5. Blogging As A Conversation — If You Build It They Will ComeBlogging is a literary form in the same sense that prose, poetry, drama or a short story are literary forms. Blogging is not defined by the means used to publish this literary form any more than a novel would defined by the type of computer or word processor used to create the novel. Read more from Real Lawyers Have Blogs.
Check back weekly for more industry trends from around the Web!