The Internet of Things: Why It's Important
Each week, the Legal Marketing Association pulls in the most buzzworthy trends in marketing to help inspire its members. Continue reading for the biggest industry stories from the week of January 12, including a case study from Fast Company on why consumer outrage is important.
1. How the Internet of Things is About to Change Marketing
David Rose — researcher, entrepreneur and author of the book Enchanted Objects — discusses connected tech, new intent signals and what it all means for advertising. Read more on Digiday.
2. How Your Outrage Helps Brands Do the Right Thing
[Video] FastCompany looks at how consumer reaction influences marketing choices by considering photographer Terry Richardson as a case study. Read more on Fast Company.
3. McDonald's Brand Sentiment Drops With 'Signs' Campaign, but Not by Much
Consumers react to Leo Burnett TV spot "Signs," aired during the 2015 Golden Globes and NFL playoffs. Read more on AdWeek.
4. Most Snapchat Users Don't Mind the Ads, per a Snapchat-funded Study
According to a third-party survey of 600 people commissioned by the company, Snapchat users okay with "Our Stories" and "Brand Stories." Read more on Mashable.
5. Medium Sits Down with Jason Segel on Its First Web Video Series
Expect more from Medium in 2015, a service developed by Twitter co-founder Ev Williams that connects people, stories and ideas. Read more on AdWeek.
Check back weekly for more industry trends from around the Web!